About CNM Coach Training
Learn how CNM can train your staff and volunteers to coach your clients as they achieve their goals using their own resources.
The What and Why of Coaching
Coaching is a method of empowering another person to make a lasting life change. Unlike counselors or advisors, coaches do not have to be experts. They are skilled in asking great questions and engaging people in any situation to define and achieve their objectives. Coaches honor the client as the expert in his/her life and work. The fundamental coaching philosophy is that every person is naturally creative, resourceful, and whole.
- Work as a partner, knowing the person being coached has the answers to create the changes they seek.
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve.
- Help the person being coached turn their ideas into action.
- Encourage client self-discovery by asking powerful and provocative questions.
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies.
- Hold the client responsible and accountable.
- Help by listening, offering different perspectives, challenging, supporting, motivating, and celebrating.
What Makes Our Training Unique
For over ten years, CNM Coach Training has been recognized as a national leader in preparing participants to implement financial coaching, academic coaching and career coaching programs in their schools, social service organizations, and communities. Our dynamic model of highly interactive coach training teaches fundamental coaching through a multifaceted approach by engaging participants in the core competencies areas: Coaching Skills, Basic Financial Knowledge, and Cultural Awareness and Humility.
CNMI’s nationally renowned training teams consist of one certified coach and one financial educator with expertise in adult learning theory and experiential learning, as well as coaching experience in student services, non-profit organizations serving low-income populations, and private industry.
Learn more about our different Coach Training options and find out how to bring our training to your community.
About CNM Ingenuity
CNM Coach Training is provided by CNM Ingenuity (CNMI). CNMI supports a new approach to education that provides accelerated educational and training opportunities in key workforce areas, wrap-around support for aspiring entrepreneurs, and cooperative ventures that foster economic development and job creation in the region.