Individuals who have completed the 60-hour CNM Financial Coach Training Program within the last three years are eligible to apply for CNM Coach Certification. Certification provides the Coach with a credential from a nationally recognized program and demonstrates to the Coaching community a high level of professional experience and commitment to the field. CNM Coach Certification confirms that you have mastered the financial coaching tools and techniques and provides legitimacy among peers and clients.
The CNM Coach Training Program is an experiential, problem-based learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of coaching that can be implemented to assist people seeking to improve their financial situation.
Download and use the document links provided to complete the requirements for the application.
Have attended 60-Hours of CNM Financial Coach Training
- Provide the end date of the Financial Coach Training you attended.
45 Coaching Practice Hours
- Enter 45 hours of coaching practice. If your organization requires you to keep the names of your clients confidential please enter only initials for their name and non-identifying information in the comments.
- Comments should include the topic of the conversation, any goals set or achieved, and date of next coaching session (if applicable).
Fill out the Coach Training Log prior to filling out your application.
3 Mentor Coaching Sessions (sessions in which you are being coached by a Certified Coach)
- An important element of being a successful coach is having experienced both sides of the coaching relationship. To be a CNM Certified Coach you will need to participate in a Coaching relationship with Certified Coach. If you need help finding a certified coach please contact Allison Pendell Jones, email@example.com.
Fill out the Mentor Coach Log prior to filling out your application.
2 Recorded Coaching Sessions reviewed by CNM
- Provide two (2) recorded coaching sessions demonstrating your coaching technique and abilities. Please refer to the Coaching Feedback Form in your Coach Training Workbook for specific points to demonstrate. You may consider using a recording of an initial coaching appointment and one a few sessions into the relationship to make sure you cover all of the requirements on the Feedback Form.
- These sessions maybe with the same client, but should be a different client than the one who provides your client reference.
- You may use a video or audio file, but the audio must be clear.
- You will be prompted to enter a link to your recorded sessions on the application. Here you can get instructions on how to upload a private video to YouTube.
2 References (1 supervisor or Certified Coach peer, 1 client)
- Upload one (1) letter of reference from a supervisor or a peer who is a certified coach (ICF, BCC, or CNM). This reference should be able to verify your coaching skills and overall relationship with your clients.
- Upload one (1) letter of reference from a client (must be a different client than the individual(s) coached in your recorded sessions). We want to accommodate any client so this reference may be a PDF, video, or audio file. If the reference is completed through an interview, the interviewer should not be the certification applicant. The following questions may be used for the reference letters:
- How long have you known the certification applicant?
- What is the nature of your relationship? (ie. client or supervisor)
- How would you rate the coach’s ability to explain the coaching relationship?
- How would you rate the coach’s effectiveness as a coach?
- Is there any additional information you think we should know about your coach?
Read Coaching End User Agreement carefully prior to filling out your application.
Certification must be completed within 3 years of completed a CNM Coach Training.
The CNM Coach Certification Application fee must be paid in full before your application is reviewed by CNM.
Certification will need to be renewed annually. 40 hours of Continued Education will be required every three years.
Please keep checking back for CE opportunities.